Sweepstake Terms & Conditions
Sweepstakes – Official Rules
- SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION. These official rules (“Official Rules”) apply to the “Email Sign-Up Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) offered by the Case Foundation in connection with the Case Foundation’s account on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. The purpose of the Sweepstakes is to encourage email sign-ups and the act of giving to our followers.
Eligible participants will be offered the chance to win one of the specified prizes during the twelve-day entry period for the Sweepstakes, as described in Section 2.
There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Truly Beauty. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS:
- $100 Store Credit to One Truly Beauty Customer
The value of same may vary depending upon market conditions at the time of fulfillment and/or redemption. Any difference between the approximate retail value and the actual value, if any, will not be rewarded.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will run from 3/20-4/1 2020.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entrants must be at least 13 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step-parents, step-children and step-siblings) of Sponsor and of any affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies and third-party fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- Entrants are eligible to win a maximum of one prize during the overall Sweepstakes Period – no one may win more than one prize during the Sweepstakes Period.
(A) HOW TO ENTER: There is one way to enter into the Sweepstakes and become an eligible entrant (“Entrant”):
- GENERAL ENTRY TERMS: All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are referred to in these Official Rules as “Eligible Entries.” Each Entrant is limited to one entry per Sweepstakes Period.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted the winning entry, the authorized account subscriber of the email used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, is deemed to be the Entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet service provider, online service or access provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor will award 1 prize during the Sweepstakes Period with all winners randomly selected from among Eligible Entries.All Sweepstakes prize winners will be selected daily throughout the Sweepstakes, with the final prize winner being selected on or about 24-hours after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period (or the next business day should that time period fall over a weekend). The Sponsor or its designees shall attempt to contact the potential Prize Winners using the email address provided by the Entrant as part of the entry process. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 48 hours of attempted notification or return two copies of the completed Sweepstakes Documentation (as defined herein) within five days after attempted notification, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify that potential Prize Winner. Sponsor is not responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Prize Winner or for any email or other correspondence returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or any other problems, omissions, or technical malfunctions associated with any network, servers, computer equipment, software, applications, or the Internet. For the avoidance of doubt, each potential Prize Winner is subject to verification, including without limitation as described in Section 9, which may require more than six weeks for processing.
- PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Upon the request of Sponsor, a potential Prize Winner must sign and return the following documents in order to be eligible to receive a Prize: (a) an affidavit of eligibility; (b) a publicity/liability release; (c) any other releases and waivers requested by Sponsor, in each case, releasing Sponsor from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands and causes of action for or related to (i) personal injury, damage, theft, loss or any other harm suffered in connection with the Sweepstakes or the receipt or use of any Prize; and (ii) publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property, and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of, including without limitation the use or misuse or acceptance of any Prize; and (d) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use each potential Prize Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes without additional compensation, credit, accounting, notification or approval (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Documentation”). Each Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is deemed a minor in his or her state of legal residence) must promptly sign and return all of the Sweepstakes Documentation to Sponsor.
- PRIZE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS: Only the Prizes as described in these Official Rules will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any Prize another prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award, in the event that the applicable Prize or any part of a Prize is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Sponsor Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery or subsequent use and redemption of any Prize. The Sponsor Entities make no representations or warranties (express or implied) concerning the appearance, safety, or performance of any Prize. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. Sponsor is not liable to replace any lost or stolen element of any Prize. Designation as a Prize Winner is not transferable or assignable to any other person or entity. Neither Sponsor nor Twitter have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Prizes, except, in the case of Sponsor, as explicitly stated in these Official Rules.
- POSTINGS; LICENSE: In order to promote, market and publicize the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor Entities and certain other related initiatives, entities and services, the Sponsor Entities require a license to use any and all information, materials, and content posted, made available or submitted in connection with each Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation each Entrant’s name and likeness, user names, biographical information, and any other personal information (collectively, the “Postings”). By way of example and not limitation, the Sponsoring Entities may use the Postings in connection with leader boards, widgets, Entrant lists, news feeds, emails, notifications, message boards, forums, blogs, online social community network profiles/groups/platforms, periodicals, magazines, news reports, websites, programming channels, broadcast and any other means of public display and performance, and other uses that may incorporate the Sponsor Entities’ or other affiliated parties’ property and branding, including without limitation promotional materials such as banners, photos, logos, trademarks, audio-visual content and widgets. Accordingly, each Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is a minor in his or her state of legal residence) hereby expressly grants the Sponsor Entities a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, nonexclusive, sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, create derivative works, modify and promote any and all Postings in, on, through and in connection with any and all present or future discovered, or developed forms of media, products, platforms and services, without notice and without compensation, right of inspection, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Entrant or any other third party.
- SPONSOR’S RULES DISCRETION: All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries in the Sweepstakes or any Entrant’s activities associated therewith that may be deemed, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to violate these Official Rules or any policies or guidelines established by Sponsor that govern Entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or other party for any reason, including those Entrants it finds to (a) have tampered with the entry process or the operation of any technology associated therewith (or any component thereof); (b) be acting in violation of these Official Rules or the spirit of the Sweepstakes; (c) be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, whether with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any Entrant or other person or Entrant or otherwise; (d) have provided inaccurate information at any time during the Sweepstakes, including without limitation on any entries or legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes or otherwise; or (e) have engaged in conduct, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate or unsportsmanlike in any way for the Sweepstakes, or which brings Entrant or Sponsor into disrepute, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. An Entrant’s disqualification results in the immediate termination of all rights and privileges as a Prize Winner.Any attempt by any individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek prosecution of and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CHANGES TO SWEEPSTAKES: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes or any related activity for any reason or no reason in its sole discretion without liability or obligation.
- LIMITATION OF SPONSOR’S LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors; (b) the incorrect or inaccurate posting of information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error that may occur in the processing of the Postings, Eligible Entries, registrations, or other correspondence or transmissions in connection with the Sweepstakes; (c) any problems or technical malfunction of any communications network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, applications or the failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or otherwise on the Internet or at any web site, including without limitation any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes; (d) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects (in part or in whole), delays in operations, transmissions, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alternations of any entry, correspondence, transmissions, or other materials in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (e) any typographical or other error in the printing or publication of any materials or in the announcement of the Prize Winners.
- RELEASE: Each Entrant shall release and hold harmless Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, successors and assigns, and any suppliers, licensors, donors, sponsors, suppliers, operators, service providers, marketing partners and other affiliated parties in connection with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”), as well as Twitter, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or use or misuse or redemption of any Prize, including without limitation publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party or any related cause of action.
- INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrants shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Twitter from any and all claims, liability, actions, suits, debts, dues, contracts, controversies, agreements, direct or consequential damages, judgments, executions, and demands whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, resulting or arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes.
- GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION; DISPUTES; LIMITATION ON DAMAGES; WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: All issues and questions, rights, and obligations of each Entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes are governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to its conflict-of-laws rules. Any dispute in connection with the Sweepstakes must be resolved in the federal or local courts of the District of Columbia, and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of those courts. Except where prohibited, any dispute in connection with the Sweepstakes must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.In any dispute in connection with the Sweepstakes, under no circumstances is any Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is a minor in his or her state of legal residence) permitted to seek or obtain the award of, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and each Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is a minor in his or her state of legal residence) further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.The Sponsor Entities and each Entrant (or the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian if the Entrant is a minor in his or her state of legal residence) waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes.
- PRIZE WINNERS LIST AND RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Prize Winner’s name, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Email Sign-Up Sweepstakes, Truly Beauty, 530 S Hewitt St #124 Los Angeles CA 90013. Requests received 30 days after the end of the Sweepstakes Period may not be honored.
- SPONSOR’S INFORMATION: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Truly Beauty, 530 S Hewitt St #124 Los Angeles CA 90013