Your Ultimate Body Brightening Routine
Shine bright like a diamond this summer! If you want to look the glowiest version of yourself this season, start by looking at your skincare routine. Unfortunately, a cleanser and lotion probably won’t be enough to get the level of glow you’re looking for. Don’t worry, though. We’ve got the perfect glow up routine that’ll leave every inch of you GLEAMING!
When it comes to brightening your skin, you’ll need a good exfoliator, a resurfacing serum, a dark spot treatment, and a moisturizer brimming with antioxidants.
Try our ultimate skin brightening body routine below to give your bod a summer glow up!
Every skin brightening routine starts with exfoliation, a process that buffs away dead skin cells to reveal fresh and glowing skin. All skin types can benefit from regular exfoliation — especially oily skin and acne-prone skin. Dry and sensitive skin types should exfoliate a little less frequently, aiming to do it one to two times a week. Besides upping your skin’s natural glow, regular exfoliation keeps your skin feeling smooth and soft.
You can either use a washcloth, body scrub, or cleanser infused with chemical exfoliants like alpha and beta hydroxy acids. Or a combination of all three!
We recommend Truly’s Moon Rocks Whipped Body Scrub, a sugar-based brightening body scrub formulated with a nourishing base of 100% organic coconut oil, brightening lavender, and protective vitamin E to naturally illuminate dull skin.
#2: Spot Treat Hyperpigmentation
Dealing with dark spots and discoloration? The best way to treat hyperpigmentation is by using a spot treatment especially designed to lighten dark areas of skin. Some of the best ingredients to look out for include vitamin C, pomegranate, and vitamin B12.
We recommend Truly’s Jelly Booster Pigment Treatment Potion. This brightening body serum is made with a soothing blend of pomegranate extract, vitamin B12, and aloe to target and lighten hyperpigmentation on the skin. It can help improve skin tone and texture while deeply hydrating skin. You can also use it to treat breakout-related discoloration and scarring.
Next up, reach for a resurfacing serum formulated with an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) like glycolic or lactic acid, which gently buff away dead skin — smoothing out fine lines, minimizing discoloration, and brightening skin. Retinol is another go-to active ingredient for achieving luminous skin. In addition to boosting collagen production, retinol speeds cellular turnover, keeping skin clear, healthy, and vibrant.
We recommend Truly’s Purple Rain Facial Serum. This anti-aging formula relies on the resurfacing powers of retinol and glycolic acid to refine skin’s texture and give skin a healthy glow while buffing away dryness. It also contains jojoba oil to deeply moisturize skin and counteract any dryness caused by retinol.
Whether you’ve got dry skin or oily skin, everybody needs to moisturize. Not only does it keep skin looking smooth and dewy, but it also bolsters skin barrier function — helping you to maintain healthy skin. Plus, it tackles bodne thanks to its acne-fighting ingredients.
We recommend Truly’s Dragon Milk Body Lotion. This berry-scented moisturizer utilizes the resurfacing powers of glycolic acid, blackberry’s brightening abilities, and pore-clearing salicylic acid to leave skin smooth, clear, and glowing. Shea butter is its main hydrating ingredient. A natural emollient, shea butter seals in long-lasting moisture to alleviate dryness and inflammation.
SHOP OUR BODY BRIGHTENING KIT
From inner thigh brightening to a full body glow up, Truly’s Body Brightening Kit is the secret sauce to attaining luminous summer-ready skin. Each skincare product in this body care Kit works to fight dry, dull and hyperpigmented skin through a routine loaded with natural ingredients that spur cell turnover and restore moisture.
While you can purchase the products separately, it works out more cost-effective to buy the bundle. You save 16%, or $16, by buying these items together!
OTHER SKIN BRIGHTENING TIPS
Wanna look your brightest this summer? Here are some tips for achieving a dewy summer glow all season long.
- Wear Sunscreen: Daily SPF application is a must for protecting skin from UV rays, which are known for contributing to premature aging. Unprotected sun exposure can cause everything from dark spots to fine lines and wrinkles, and even skin cancer. That’s why it pays to stay protected! Opt for SPF 30 or higher for maximum protection. And remember to re-apply every two hours!
- Invest in a Vitamin C Serum: Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant known for fending off free radicals, lightening discoloration, and brightening You’ll find it in everything from face washes to toners to eye creams and serums. Vitamin C serums are our favorite since they’re highly concentrated with the antioxidant — meaning serums work the hardest!
- Drink Up: Hydration from the inside helps to spur skin cell regeneration, promoting bright and vibrant skin. Aim for at least eight glasses of water per day. Besides enhancing your glow from within, drinking adequate water can help keep your skin clear and blemish-free. And boost your energy levels!
- Eat Your Antioxidants: In addition to using topical antioxidants, try filling up your diet with them too. Antioxidant-rich foods like grapes and berries protect skin cells from UV damage, and enhance your natural glow.
- De-Stress: Keep your skin sparkling by reducing your stress levels. Prioritize self-care, and enjoy daily yoga or mediation — or basically anything that eases your mind and makes you feel less stressed.
- Try our Glowing Skin Bundle: This 3-step skin brightening kit features a serum, moisturizer, and mist designed for the face. Ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycolic acid, and vitamin C work in tandem to deliver your dewiest, glowiest, smoothest skin!
Consider In-Office Treatments
If you’re dealing with stubborn skin hyperpigmentation that won’t go away with regular skincare products, visit a dermatologist. They can offer office medical skincare treatments like professional facial peels, microdermabrasion and lasers, which can all be effective in the treatment of dark spots and pigmentation.
Shop Truly at Trulybeauty.com, Amazon, Ulta, Sephora EU, and Target.